Last Updated on
Swimming is not fun if you are not diving. Sadly, diving from the pool level can result in injuries and doesn’t provide the perfect position.
If you want to add that fun, you can always get the best diving boards and install them around your pool. We understand that choosing the best model can be a daunting task, and this is whey we have prepared a review of the top diving boards.
Top 8 Diving Boards Reviews for 2019
What are the top 8 diving boards that you can get on the market today? Continue reading to find them here.
1. Inter-Fab DB6BW Diving Board
Inter-Fab DB6BW Diving Board is a replacement gear for inground pools and provides the service you desire. It measures six feet long to ensure that you get enough area for stepping on when taking that dive.
Another feature of the board is the non-fading, skid-free, and durable acrylic surface. You can be confident that your product will last for years, even when used under harsh conditions such as pools with chemicals.
Besides, the board is reinforced with fiberglass to add to the strength – that makes it possible to hold up to 1250 pounds on weight. Also, the package comes with the manufacturer’s installation guideline to ensure safety.
It is flexible and comes with a three years warranty to ensure you get value for your money when you replace the old model.
- Easy to install
- Great value for money
- Has a three years warranty
- For moderate use
2. S.R. Smith 68-211-5962 Salt Pool Jump System
As the name suggests, this is a system for use around saltwater swimming pools. It made of stainless steel material that resists corrosion under the harshest of conditions.
Also, this six-foot board is large enough to hold a grownup who wants to dive into the pool without breaking. Another thing that makes it a great model is the pewter gray color that blends with the pool.
When you buy this unit, you get everything you would need to start diving, including spring set, dive stand, mounting hardware, and Frontier III diving board. You can easily fit it onto an existing cantilever jig.
The board is also more affordable compared to some models on the market today.
- Comes with all hardware
- A strong board
- Easy to fit
- Slightly heavy
3. S.R. Smith 66-209-596S4 Frontier III Board
Another replacement board that can transform your swimming pool is the 66-209-596S4 from S.R. Smith. It provides six feet of standing while diving and it boasts of clear tread.
One feature that makes it a superb board is the SureFoot non-slip design that adds to the safety of the user. You can easily fit it on the following: 656 Supreme, Flyte-Deck II, S.R. Smith stands, U-Frame, and Salt Jump.
Additionally, it is made of stainless steel material that ensures it remains corrosion and rust-free for decades. Its hardware is also made of corrosion-free material to make sure that it last longer.
Although light, the diving board is strong enough to allow you to dive without risking any injury.
- Can fit other models
- Comes with SureFoot non-slid design
- Made of stainless steel material
- A bit expensive
4. S.R. Smooth 68-209-8362 Flyte-Deck II Stand with Frontier III Board
The 68-209-8362 is a board and stand combination that ensures you get into your pool as soon as you get home. It offers up to six feet of stepping surface that can allow you to launch yourself with ease.
The model was made to be used around saltwater swimming pools since it doesn’t rust or corrode. Also, the item comes with a SureFoot non-slip treat that adds to the safety of the users.
In the package, you get a stand, diving board, and all the hardware you will need to install it. Another great feature of this board is the ability to last for years, and it comes from a reputable brand.
- From a reputable brand
- A safe model
- Easy to install
- Some hardware rusts
5. S.R. Smith 68-209-5962 606/608 Cantilever Jump Stand with Frontier III Board
The 68-209-5962 606/608 is also a board and stand combination that offers you easy time when buying them. One unique feature about this system is the high-strength steel that is covered with powder to prolong the life of the jump system.
There is also a matching SureFoot non-slip system that provides you with the safety you require when jumping. Besides, the package has everything you would need to install the system, including hardware, stand, and diving board.
In terms of price, the board is quite affordable and quickly provides value for money. It also adds attraction to your swimming pool due to its excellent color.
- A strong stand and board
- Accident proof
- Comes in an attractive color
- Often gets dirty
6. Inter-Fab DS6BW Diving Board
Inter-Fab DS6BW Diving Board is another gear for inground swimming pools and was made to hold fully grown divers. The model is made of long-lasting non-fading acrylic surface that also resist skidding.
Moreover, the model is reinforced by fiberglass that adds to the strength of the board to prevent any breakage. The unit is made in the USA and follows the recommended standards of a diving board.
Another feature of this product is the ability to remain in top condition even when the water has chemicals. It easily resists fade, rust, and corrosion to offer value to the buyer.
- Value for money
- Made of durable material
- Strong model
- Short term warranty
7. S.R. Smith 66-209-576S20G Truetread Diving Board
S.R. Smith brand has reinvented this board to make it look modern, new, and sporty and make your swimming pool more attractive. It was one of the first gears to be made by this company and has withstood the test of time.
The surface is made of durable, marine quality diamond-shaped material and it provides superb launching area without hurting your feet. It also acts like a replacement model that you can install in most stands.
Talking of installing, the board is quite easy to put around your pool, without even seeking professional help. It also comes with all the hardware you would need to install it.
What’s more, you can get it in different colors that can match all types of pools and yards decors. It can hold a maximum of 250 pounds and measures six feet.
- Comes in different colors
- Made of quality material
- Holds a lot of weight
- Not a new product
8. S.R. Smith 68-207-57620G Salt pool Jump System
One final launching board that can make you want to spend all day in your swimming pool is the 68-207-57620G model. It has been around for a while, but the manufacturer always tries to reinvent it by adding new features to make it look modern.
The board comes as a complete system with the stand to make sure that you have an easy time when installing it. Besides, the position ensures that you don’t head back to the market to look for this critical system.
One thing you will notice about the board is the ability to last long and remain in top condition in pools full of chemicals. It was also made to hold a lot of weight of about 250 pounds.
- Handles constant use
- A great model
- Useful when diving
- A bit expensive
Choosing the Right Diving Board
You cannot just walk into a pool store and pick the first board that you see. There are a lot of things that you should keep in mind.
- Pool Size – Your pool’s size is the most important things that you should consider when buying a diving board since it can be the difference between death and life. If your pool doesn’t have a lot of depth, get a more rigid board.
- Material – The material determines the durability of the model you want to buy and how stable it will be. There are some models that comes with wood and fiberglass which have been shown to be quite rigid and yet flexible.
- Non-slip surface – Most diving boards come with an acrylic material that provides a smooth finish, which can be quite slippery. That is why you need to choose a model that provides non-slip surface though addition of non-skid material on top.
- Spring – Some diving boards won’t come with springs since what matters is the flexibility. However, a spring can provide you with that extra bounce you need to launch high into the space.
- Weight limit – It is vital you check the weight a board can handle before you buy it. For instance, most of the brands we have reviewed can handle up to 250 pounds, which is enough for most people.
- Type – The market offers three types of boards, which are jump boards, diving boards, and diving platforms. Platforms are more solid and are not recommended for home use. Jump boards are fun and can launch you high in the air – ideal for large pools. Diving boards are recommended for home use.
- Size of the board – Most residential boards come in length of six to eight feet, with the difference being how high you will launch. The long boards are ideal for deeper and larger pools.
- Flexibility – Getting a highly flexible board might not be a good idea. They often get you out of balance and can easily launch you high up in the sky.
- Durability – Durability is a critical issue when buying any pool gear. The durability depends on the material used to make the board and whether it can handle harsh conditions.
- Compatibility – You will waste money if you purchase a product that cannot match your swimming pool existing design. Know whether it can act as a replacement board for your old or broken diving gear.
- Maintenance – You should get a model that requires least maintenance to ensure that you get more time to dive and less looking after the system. However, you should always conduct regular inspection to see ensure that the board remains in top condition
- Warranty – Avoid any product that doesn’t come with a warranty. The warranty can be an assurance that the unit you buy is of high quality and will last long.
- Safety – Lastly, you need to choose a safe product that won’t cause accident when being used. Safety can include getting a model with the right installation hardware and the one with non-skidding ability.
Diving Board FAQs and Solutions
Diving boards can be complicated items that always generate more questions than answers. Due to that, we have compiled a list of the most asked questions and their solutions.
Q: Can I Install a Diving Board? Is it a DIY Job?
A: Yes. If you are handy enough you can easily install your swimming pool diving board. If not, just hire a professional to do it for you to assure safety.
Q: Is it Possible to Clean a Diving Board?
A: Yes. You can use water and bleach and scrub it using a brush. That will ensure that all dirt and grime removed from the surface.
Q: How Can I Prevent My Board from Wearing?
A: You should make sure that you clean it regularly and cover it when not in use – during storms and rains. That way you will prolong its life.
Q: Do I Need a Permit to Install a Diving Board?
A: You don’t need a permit to install a board at your swimming pool, but you will need to follow some regulations. It also means following the manufacturer’s guide and installation manual.
We hope that you can now walk into your nearest pool store and pick the best diving boards for your swimming pool. These products come in all manner of shapes and sizes, but there is a model that can work for you.